Urban Climbers Gym Waiver Form
In consideration of the sport climbing training, Urban climbers has its established safety policies and procedures; and its qualified instructors have taken practice steps to minimise any risk involved.
I give permission for the above-named child to participate in climbing activities at the Urban climbing facility.
I/we, the undersigned user, hereby acknowledge that there are inherent risks involved in participating at the Urban climbing bouldering gym/wall. I recognize and understand these risks and release the urban climbing gym and the employees thereof from any liability that may result from these risks, including the risk of physical injury.
I/we also understand the rules and guidelines of the urban climbing gym and agree to abide by these rules for the sake of my personal safety, the safety of other climbers, and the facility.
I/we acknowledge that the urban climbing gym has taken appropriate steps to make the Bouldering / Rock Wall a safe and enjoyable environment for all its participants.
I/we further acknowledge that respect for the instructors/staff/other location instructors /parents/public & other participants. I declare that I am physically fit & have no condition or injury that could affect my ability to properly undertake climbing & climbing-related activities. I acknowledge that there is a possibility of bodily injury. I have decided to freely & voluntarily accept all responsibility & liability for any injury, loss, or damage arising out of any use of the Urban Climbing facility.
Declaration of fitness:
I certify that to the best of my knowledge my child does not suffer from any medical condition which might have the effect of making it more likely that he/she and I will be involved in an accident which could result in injury to him/her, myself or others.
I declare the above information to be correct and that I have read and understood the “Declaration of Fact” above.
PRIVACY ACT: I give permission for my child to be photographed/advertised or for any other promotional purposes
PLEASE READ & SIGN!
Bouldering Rules of Conduct:
- Climbing shoes are required.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in the climbing area.
- Communication is a must. Please use the proper climbing signals with partner/s.
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is not allowed in the facility.
- No one under the influence of drugs or alcohol may use the facility.
- You must obey directions from the Urban climbing staff at all times.
- Children must be supervised at all times, in all areas of the gym.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times.
- Remove all jewellery prior to climbing, as it can pose a risk to the climber and belayer
- Never stand, sit or lie down beneath the climbing walls. Check for climbers before walking through the climbing areas.
- All non-climbers must stay behind the designated belaying area.
I fully understand and agree to abide by these rules while at the Rock Wall